JD Supra Argentina
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- Beveridge & Diamond PC (21)
- King & Spalding (7)
- WilmerHale (3)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (3)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (3)
- Zelle LLP (2)
- White & Case LLP (2)
- Carlton Fields (2)
- Shearman & Sterling LLP (2)
- MERITAS - Law Firms Worldwide (2)
- Faegre Baker Daniels (2)
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (2)
- International Lawyers Network (2)
- Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (2)
- K&L Gates LLP (1)
- Miller Canfield (1)
- Bilzin Sumberg (1)
- Foley & Lardner LLP (1)
- Burr & Forman (1)
- Holland & Knight LLP (1)
- Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (1)
- Allen & Overy LLP (1)
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP (1)
- Hogan Lovells (1)
- Global Risk Intelligence (1)
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP (1)
- McDermott Will & Emery (1)
- Fisher Phillips (1)
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP (1)
- Ropes & Gray LLP (1)
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP (1)
- Morgan Lewis (1)
- Estlund Law, P.A. (1)
- Argentina launches .AR domain registrations
NIC Argentina, the Argentinian domain name Registry, has announced that it is launching domain name registrations directly at the second level under .AR. The launch started on 11 September 2019 and will end in February 2020.
- Financial Implications of Argentina’s Return to Peronism
The long-awaited results from Argentina’s elections on October 27, 2019, have significant implications both for the future of Argentina and the international community. Peronist candidate Alberto Fernandez defeated incumbent Mauricio Macri in the election, with Cristina Fernandez de Kirchner, President Macri’s predecessor, as his running mate....
- Expanding Cannabis Operations In Latin American & The Caribbean: Argentina
Medical Use: Yes, regulations recently in place since March 2017. Recreational Use/Adult Use: Not permitted under Argentine law. Current Regime/National Act No. 27,350 - “Medical and Scientific Investigation of the Therapeutic Use of Legislation (or Cannabis Plant and its derivatives”, passed on March 2017, and its Regulatory Decree Proposed Legislation) No. 738/2017; the National Institute of Seeds (“INASE”) Resolution No. 59/2019, and the Ministry of Security Resolution No. 258/2018, the Heath Secretary, the National Administration of Drugs, Food and Medical Technology... Please see full Chapter below for more information.
- Mid-Term Declarations Now Required in Argentina
On May 27, 2019, the Argentine Trademark Office issued Resolution No. 123/2019 (the Resolution), which added mid-term declarations of use, created grace periods for renewals and created response periods of 30 days for most official actions. Generally, the most relevant change under the Resolution is that trademark owners must now file a mid-term declaration of use between the fifth and sixth anniversaries of a registration granted on or after January 12, 2013.
- Argentina and Uruguay: A New Hope for Arbitration
In July 2018, both Argentina and Uruguay passed new arbitration laws governing arbitrations seated in the respective countries, WilmerHale counsel Rina See and visiting foreign lawyer Tomas Ambrosini offer a comparison on the new laws against the text of the UNCITRAL Model Law. Both International Commercial Arbitration Laws are based on the UNCITRAL Model Law, replacing outdated rules in both countries’ domestic legislations for international arbitrations. Originally published in Commercial Dispute Resolution - Spring 2019. Please see full Article below for more information.
- Buying and Selling Real Estate in Argentina
I. INTRODUCTION. Below you will find a brief outline of the legal regulation of the acquisition of real estate property in Argentina, which is mainly governed by the Argentine Civil and Commercial Code (“CCC”). II. FORMS OF REAL ESTATE OWNERSHIP. Argentine law regulates different forms of real estate ownership. A brief summary is provided below... Please see full Chapter below for more information.
- Latin American Environmental Regulatory Tracker - February 2019
ARGENTINA - ENERGY - Law No. 27492 modifies Law No. 26.473 to ban the import and marketing of halogen lamps as of December 31, 2019.
- Establishing A Business Entity In Argentina
Types of business entities - The two most common types of legal entities adopted in Argentina are the limited liability company (“Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada” or “SRL”) and the corporation (“Sociedad Anónima” or “SA”). In 2017, Argentina incorporated a new type of legal entity, the Simplified Company ("SAS"), which is expected to simplify procedures, corporate bodies and reduce costs for new companies. Below you will find a comparative analysis of the most relevant characteristics and the basic differences between an SRL, SA and SAS.... Please see full Chapter below for more information.
- Latin American Environmental Regulatory Tracker January 2018
ARGENTINA - ENFORCEMENT - Chamber of Deputies Bill No. 7195-D-2018 would establish minimum provisions for identifying and recording environmental liabilities arising from any anthropogenic activity, as well as establishing the obligations for those responsible for such liabilities.
- Latin American Environmental Regulatory Tracker December 2018
ARGENTINA - BIODIVERSITY - The Secretariat of Environment and Sustainable Development published the 2017 State of the Environment Report.
- Supreme Court Holds that the FSIA Does Not Limit Post-Judgment Discovery
In its latest decision interpreting the Foreign Sovereign Immunities Act (FSIA), the Supreme Court made clear that any claim of immunity by a foreign state must rise or fall based on the text of the FSIA. Because the FSIA does not spell out any immunity or special protections for foreign states...
- Argentina Relaxes Restrictions on Ownership of Rural Properties by Foreigners
On June 29, 2016, the Argentine executive branch enacted decree 820/2016 (the New Decree), easing certain restrictions imposed under existing law on the acquisition and leasing of rural lands by foreign individuals and legal entities (Law No. 26,737, enacted in 2011 by the former administration,...
- Argentina’s Arbitration Legal Reform: Steps in the Right Direction?
Argentina is arguably one of the countries with the most untapped economic potential worldwide. Argentina’s government, led by President Mauricio Macri, is trying to change that. Together with undertaking economic and political reforms aiming at stimulating private investment, the Argentine...
- The "Corruption Notebooks" Scandal in Argentina Gets Attention from U.S. Enforcement Authorities
Argentina’s corruption notebooks scandal is just as it sounds—a scandal initiated by eight notebooks documenting at least seven years of elaborate corruption schemes involving senior officials in Argentina’s government. The notebooks were kept by the driver for a close advisor to Julio de Vido,...
- Post-Judgment Interest Rate Applies When Judgment is "Meaningfully Ascertained"
In NML Capital Ltd v. The Republic of Argentina, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit held that Argentina was liable for prejudgment contract interest only through the date on which the District Court first determined liability in a final judgment, and not through to a later date on...
- Primer On Underwriting Insurance Risks In Argentina
Latin America presents excellent opportunities for the global (re)insurance industry. But, there are a number of important considerations for insurance and reinsurance companies underwriting risks in the region. This article addresses some critical issues relating to underwriting first-party...
- Argentina: From International Market Isolation to Promising Opportunities for Investors
Argentina is keen to attract foreign investment. Not only has it recently implemented a series of economic measures, but it has also made changes to its legal framework including the enactment of a new arbitration regulation, which, although not entirely based on the 2006 UNCITRAL Model Law,...
- Argentina Announces Preliminary Highway P3 Bidding Guidelines
On Dec. 7, 2017, the Ministry of Finance of the Republic of Argentina published the preliminary terms and conditions and technical specifications for Stage 1 of its first public-private partnership (P3) initiative in the country, which will focus on investments in highways and "safe routes.&quo...
- Latin American Environmental Regulatory Tracker December 2018
ARGENTINA - BIODIVERSITY - The Secretariat of Environment and Sustainable Development published the 2017 State of the Environment Report....
- From Habeas Data Action to Omnibus Data Protection: The Latin American Privacy (R)Evolution
Latin America: More Privacy than You Would Expect Whenever you ask a privacy expert about parts of the world with strict data privacy laws, the European Union, with its by now famous EU Data Protection Directive, is unequivocally the first, if not the only region, to come up....