JD Supra Argentina
- JD Supra
- Publication date:
- JD Supra (97)
- Beveridge & Diamond PC (21)
- Dentons (12)
- King & Spalding (7)
- International Lawyers Network (6)
- WilmerHale (3)
- World Law Group (3)
- Sheppard Mullin Richter & Hampton LLP (3)
- Morrison & Foerster LLP (3)
- Zelle LLP (2)
- White & Case LLP (2)
- Carlton Fields (2)
- Shearman & Sterling LLP (2)
- MERITAS - Law Firms Worldwide (2)
- Faegre Drinker Biddle & Reath LLP (2)
- Bryan Cave Leighton Paisner (2)
- Eversheds Sutherland (US) LLP (2)
- Morgan Lewis (2)
- K&L Gates LLP (1)
- Miller Canfield (1)
- Bilzin Sumberg (1)
- Foley & Lardner LLP (1)
- Burr & Forman (1)
- Ogletree, Deakins, Nash, Smoak & Stewart, P.C. (1)
- Holland & Knight LLP (1)
- Bergeson & Campbell, P.C. (1)
- Allen & Overy LLP (1)
- Kilpatrick Townsend & Stockton LLP (1)
- K2 Integrity (1)
- Hogan Lovells (1)
- FTI Consulting (1)
- Global Risk Intelligence (1)
- Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP (1)
- McDermott Will & Emery (1)
- Fisher Phillips (1)
- Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan, LLP (1)
- Ropes & Gray LLP (1)
- Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, LLP (1)
- Estlund Law, P.A. (1)
- The joint statement of the Argentina’s Central Bank and the National Securities Commission about crypto-assets
On May 20, Argentina’s Central Bank (“BCRA”) and the National Securities Commission (“CNV”) issued a joint statement warning about the risks and implications involved in using and investing in crypto-assets.
- Digging Deeper Episode 8: Investigating Corruption in Argentina
Lazaro Baez was recently sentenced to 12 years in jail for money laundering in Argentina, charges that connected him to political powers still at large in the country.
- Argentina: Q&A - Employer COVID-19 Vaccination Policies (UPDATED)
WLG asked member firms around the globe to provide some insight on employer and employee rights when it comes to requiring the COVID-19 vaccine to return to work. Responses for Argentina have been updated with new questions since its initial publication in January. Can an employer require compulsory COVID vaccination? If yes, are there any exceptions or special circumstances that an employer must consider?
- Dentons COVID-19 Retail Tracker - Argentina (UPDATED)
Status – Has any special status been introduced? The Argentine government took measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 since the very beginning of the pandemic.
- COVID-19 State Aid and Compliance
The disruptions on the economy and the labor markets caused by COVID-19 pandemic worldwide, were immediately followed by aid relief measures established by virtually every government. Within a context of emergency, financial relief measures such as loans, tax deductions and others, imply certain compliance risks for companies and businesses that should be thoroughly considered.
- Dentons COVID-19 Retail Tracker - Argentina
The Argentine government took measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 since the very beginning of the pandemic.
- Data privacy and COVID-19 Vaccine
Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Argentine Data Protection Authority has issued several recommendations and regulations, particularly focused on how the COVID-19 affects the personal data protection field.
- Exception Access Regime – cannabis products and derivatives
The National Ministry of Health issued Resolution No. 654/2021 (hereinafter referred as the “Resolution”) This Resolution approved an Exception Access Regime for products that contain cannabinoids or derivatives of the cannabis plants devoted exclusively for medicinal uses in individual treatments or in the framework of scientific research.
- 2021 Venture Capital Guide - Argentina
World Law Group member firms recently collaborated on a Global Venture Capital Guide that covers more than 30 jurisdictions on investment approval processes, typical investment sectors and investment structures on Venture Capital deals (and more!).
- Argentina: Q&A - Employer COVID-19 Vaccination Policies
We asked our member firms around the globe to provide some insight on employer and employee rights when it comes to requiring the COVID-19 vaccine to return to work. Laura LaFuente shares her view from Argentina.
- Argentina: A Step-by-Step Walk in the Road toward the Shale Miracle?
We have already highlighted Argentina's potential to become a magnet for foreign direct investment in shale oil and gas projects in the "Vaca Muerta" play located in the Province of Neuquén....
- Why Argentina's Petition to Vacate an Award in AWG Group Ltd v. Republic of Argentina Matters for Future Arbitrations
On 6 July 2015, Argentina filed with the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia a petition to vacate an UNCITRAL arbitration award of approximately $20 million rendered in favour of AWG Group Ltd (No. 15-cv-01057, 6 July 2015). The outcome of this petition could have broader implications...
- Argentina's Law 27,263 is strongly criticized at the WTO Market Access Committee for local content requirements in the automotive sector
At an informal meeting of the WTO Market Access Committee on 23 June 2017, several WTO Members raised concerns about Argentine Law No. 27,263‘Regime for the Development and Strengthening of the Argentine Auto-Parts Industry: Benefits and Incentives’, which entered into force on 2 August 2016, by...
- Latin American Environmental Regulatory Tracker - September 2018
This month’s tracker reflects key initiatives from July 16 – August 15, 2018. ARGENTINA - ENERGY - Chamber of Deputies Bill No. 4536-D-2018 would promote and incentivize the use, construction, and installation of photovoltaic solar panels....
- Establishing A Business Entity In Argentina (Updated)
Types of business entities - The two most common types of legal entities adopted in Argentina are the limited liability company (“Sociedad de Responsabilidad Limitada” or “SRL”) and the corporation (“Sociedad Anónima” or “SA”). In 2017, Argentina incorporated a new type of legal entity, the...
- Dentons COVID-19 Retail Tracker - Argentina
The Argentine government took measures to minimize the spread of COVID-19 since the very beginning of the pandemic....
- Court Stands By Decision Denying Dismissal Of Case Involving Reinsurance Of Performance Bond
A New York federal district court denied reconsideration of its refusal to dismiss a case for forum non conveniens or lack of personal jurisdiction, in a dispute involving reinsurance of a performance bond insuring the payment of fees for the right to administer Argentina’s postal services. ...
- Argentina Lifts its Currency Exchange, Exports, and Imports Restrictions
Mr. Mauricio Macri was sworn-in as President of Argentina on December 10, 2015. Four business days after taking office, Mr. Alfonso Prat-Gay, the new Minister of Finance, announced the fulfilment of the campaign promise to end the severe restrictions regarding currency exchange, exports and...
- Latin American Environmental Regulatory Tracker
This month’s tracker reflects key initiatives from May 16, 2017 – June 15, 2017. Latin America is moving full speed ahead to adopt and implement Climate Change Convention commitments, signaling that greenhouse gas policies are here to stay and won’t be affected by the political machinations of...
- Argentine Reforestation Initiative - Forestar 2030 Argentina
Argentine President Mauricio Macri has announced an agreement between the Insurance Superintendency of the National Ministry of Finance and the country’s leading insurance companies to create a “Green Insurance” program to promote both forestation and enrichment of the native forest with the aim of ...